Colossians 4: 4~ 5

Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act towards outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Application Forms

I had previously wanted to attend a short term mission of 6months to South America when I was 17 but broke my collar bone instead. So when this opportunity {Chile} arrived I was lucky enough to have the door open and options available to chat with the Qld director whom I already knew. She and her husband had previously met myself and my family and after a lengthy phone conversation with her I was sent the OM commitment forms followed by the OM application forms.


It's at this stage that I need to state that mum had an altercation with a work college and submitted a formal complaint about the incident. I was asked to remain at home until the situation had sorted itself out! I was in no way worried about that, it gave me the time to concentrate and focus on the situation at hand. God knew I needed the time and we were all grateful in this household that I got the time.

Before I started filling the forms out I needed to make sure I knew what I was applying for. There were two options, a 9month stint in Chile with an Intensive Training Programme or there was the original 2yr commitment. A few e-mails were sent back and forth discussing this. Eventually the team (actually it was pretty promptly) in Chile was contacted and their opinion was sought. I was then asked to submit a resume so they could send it over. Yay we all concluded, family, OM and I that I am free to apply for the 2yr commitment!

I filled out the first 2 forms; the general med and the theological one before going back to work, 2 weeks after I should have returned! I also had to do a psyche analysis which is half completed, I'm awaiting a response from there so it can be completed. I also have to get a medical profile done, [shrugs] in which I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for. That took me a couple of months to get organised but there was all the Christmas/New yrs closures and it's so hard to get booked in locally which I need to do because that's where all my history is!

All this needs to be done and submitted before I can attend PFT (pre-field training) It is in Feb 22nd-27th I needed to confirm my booking by the 2nd of Feb. I have booked my hols in at work and also my plane tickets down there :s so please pray that everything would go according to God's will and specifically that everything runs smoothly. ¬ Lob

2 comments:

  1. *so excited for you!*

    The paperwork prep would drive me bonkers though ~ I am sooooo not good with red tape. :-P

    [and we will indeed pray for you here!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My thoughts and prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete