Colossians 4: 4~ 5

Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act towards outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Commitment to Join Operation Mobilzation

As soon as I jolted all this down I felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders. I had only recently been talking with God about something bothering me at the very core. I asked him to show me but was hesitant to actually want it knowing it was rooted in sin and not being able to let go. Praise the Lord for his great Love and might!

So "Nov 09" I took 2 weeks holidays frankly to look for another job. I stumbled across this link http://www.om.org/item/s2208 when the job search was going nowhere. Immediately I was discussing it with the family and the conclusion being was to seek further information. This in itself was huge for my father had never been really keen on the long term mission but rather the short term.I sent a response of and my family and I began to pray with little doubt this wasn't the time.

Every detail about this opportunity was in tune with the desires Christ had developed in me over the years. A few correspondences with OM Head Office Aus and the Qld Director came to the conclusion that I should submit a commitment to join OM form. The stance being; a vessel that is moving is easier than one tied to the dock! ie the first plan of action was this.

I then spent the next week and a half talking to members of the church. The youth leader of the Baptist church I attend with another girl, the home church members and other elders I knew from the previous church I had attended whom had being following this journey for as long as my family had. I had also made recently some christian peers in which I excitedly told them about it all. Trying to involve as many people as possible, to get the prayer coverage and to seek their wisdom! ¬Lob

1 comment:

  1. May God bless you and your family. I am very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete